Corbin Advisors Releases Milestone 50th Issue of Industry-leading Research Publication Inside the Buy-Side® Earnings Primer®
A Bellwether in the Capital Markets Each Earnings Season, the Inside The Buy-Side® Research Has Anticipated Shifts in Investor Sentiment and Trends Affecting Public Companies for Nearly 15 Years
HARTFORD, CT – April 7, 2022 – Corbin Advisors, a strategic consultancy accelerating value creation globally, announced that it will publish its milestone 50th quarterly issue of the Inside The Buy-Side Earnings Primer® on Thursday, April 14.
Since the firm’s founding in 2007, Corbin Advisors has published the survey of global investors on the equity markets, world economies and business climate every quarter ahead of earnings season. The publication captures real-time investor sentiment, expectations and trends, including views on earnings key performance indicators, investment themes, the global economy and sector bulls and bears.
“As part of our Voice of Investor® research, the insights identified over 50 quarters of Inside The Buy-Side® have guided our clients through uncertain financial market conditions, arming them with real-time data and knowledge to make informed decisions that have led to greater opportunity and value creation for their organizations,” said Founder & CEO Rebecca Corbin, who appears regularly on CNBC, Bloomberg Business Radio and in other news affiliates to discuss the firm’s leading-edge research and insights.
Among some of the most significant shifts in sentiment and trends unearthed through Corbin Advisors’ Inside The Buy-Side® Earnings Primer® research are:
COVID-19 Insights: Applying Learnings from the Global Financial Crisis to the COVID-19 Pandemic to Guide Strategies Around Cost-Cutting, Capital Deployment and Guidance, as well as Investor Communication
- Financial Crisis: found investors believed companies “cut too slow” at the onset and “too deep” into the 2010 timeframe, as preferences shifted to reinvesting for growth rather than letting cost cuts flow through to bottom line
- COVID-19 Pandemic: applied lessons learned and encouraged companies to more quickly cut costs and subsequently pivot to emphasize growth investments while managing a challenging environment to build strong foundation for growth as markets and the economy improved; dynamically tracked and advised on guidance practices amid market turbulence
Shifts in Capital Deployment: Capturing Meaningful Shifts in Capital Deployment Preferences
- Balance Sheet Strength in Times of Crisis or Recession: identified the rise of balance sheet strength as the most critical investment factor amid the Global Financial Crisis in 2008 and 2009, U.S. Industrial Mini-Recession in 2015 and 2016 and COVID-19 pandemic in 2020
- Unprecedented Special Dividends: looming fiscal cliff in late 2012 leads to one-time, unprecedented preference for special dividends
- Reinvesting for Growth: reinvestment dominates investor preferences through post-Great Recession upcycle (Q3’13-Q4’17) and post-COVID (Q3’20-Q4’21)
- Net Debt-to-EBITDA: identification of Net Debt-to-EBITDA as a primary focus of equity investors when evaluating debt levels in 2014
Emergence of ESG: Identifying the Emergence of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) as A Factor in Investment Decisions
- ESG on the Map: identified for the first time in 2020 that 20% of U.S. institutional investors identified ESG as an important factor in investment decisions
- ESG as a Critical Investment Factor: elevated ESG discussions to the Board and executives levels in 2018 amid the categorical rise of ESG as a prominent global investment factor; more than double, or 44%, now consider ESG very important or critical to decisions and 56% believe companies that integrate ESG into their business strategy will outperform
Advising Through Market Uncertainty: Advising on Strategies and Best Practice Communications through Market Uncertainty
- Global economic crises: advised client base through Global Financial Crisis, European economic challenges lasting through 2013, the Greek sovereign debt crisis in 2015, a significant Chinese economic slowdown in 2015 and amid the onset of COVID-19
- Geopolitical events: triangulated investor sentiment amid U.S/China tariff tensions commencing in 2018, Brexit concerns that arose in 2016 and lasted until UK’s exit in January 2020, and the ongoing Ukraine/Russia crisis
- U.S. events: created strategies to communicate around the U.S. government shutdown in 2013, four U.S. presidential elections and U.S. tax reform in Q4’17
- Social justice: actively encouraged our clients to proactively address heartfelt messages for employees during COVID-19, social injustice following the murder of George Floyd and the ongoing invasion of Ukraine
Inside The Buy-Side has grown and evolved with the firm, which was founded by CEO Rebecca Corbin in 2007 and is now a 60+ person company serving public companies globally across all sectors with market-caps ranging between $250 million and $350 billion, pre-public companies, and nonprofit organizations.
About Corbin Advisors
Since 2007, Corbin Advisors has tracked investor sentiment on a quarterly basis. Access Inside The Buy-Side® and other research on real-time investor sentiment, IR best practices and case studies at corbinadvisors.com.
Corbin is a strategic consultancy accelerating value realization globally. We engage deeply with our clients to assess, architect, activate, and accelerate value realization, delivering research-based insights and execution excellence through a cultivated and caring team of experts with deep sector and situational experience, a best practice approach, and an outperformance mindset.
Inside The Buy-Side®, our industry-leading research publication, is covered by news affiliates globally and regularly featured on CNBC.
Members of the press, please contact our Marketing Team via email.