As Vice President, Business Development, you will be responsible for developing strategic business expansion with a focus on revenue and profitability across the Northeastern U.S. and Canada.
As Vice President, Business Development, your specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a strong understanding of Corbin Advisors’ suite of advisory services and differentiated value proposition
- Strategically target companies, network within the industry, and attend conferences to identify new opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects; identify cross-selling, up-selling, and repeat revenue opportunities
- Develop and execute strategies for establishing, differentiating, and growing market share while delivering a high quality, client-centric experience
- Track to key performance metrics that align with our sales strategy, including client retention, client expansion, profitability per client, and client satisfaction
- Collaborate with leaders across the enterprise to establish plans to meet annual and long-term growth and performance goals
- Prepare customized pitches and become adept at developing high-level company analyses
- Prepare and negotiate proposals and contracts
- Organize, track, and maintain contact information in Salesforce
- Execute optimal mix of activities to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Contribute to enabling a passionate, hard-working, engaged, positive, entrepreneurial team culture
Ideal Characteristics and Prerequisites
- 10+ years of relevant sales experience in the professional / business services industry, preferably in investment banking or investor relations
- BA degree in business administration, economics, or related field preferred
- Highly professional, intellectual, and articulate with a passion for business and a strong understanding of capital markets and the factors that influence valuation
- Demonstrated confidence and leadership
- Experience selling to C-Suite and senior-level executives at public companies a must
- Relationship-oriented and solutions focused versus transactional; quality over quantity with a drive for value-added selling
- Results driven with a “must do” / “roll up sleeves” approach to achieving goals
- High energy, hard-working, and determined to see things through
- Understands long hours (50+ hour work weeks) and travel are industry standard
- Big-picture thinker with the ability to translate and convert to tactical, operational best practices
- Ability to “shifts gears” as appropriate to meet the needs of the situation and to achieve goals
Come join our dynamic and innovative team!
- Competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Robust healthcare package – Company paid premiums up to 80% (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement plan with a company match
- Significant opportunity for long-term career growth and professional development as we continue to scale
About Corbin Advisors
Corbin Advisors is a specialized investor relations (IR) research and advisory firm that was founded on the idea that insights-driven advice is a powerful catalyst for unlocking value. Leveraging proprietary research and analytics, a best-practice mindset, executional excellence, and a deep understanding of what influences sentiment, we deploy a proven model to realize value. If it’s Corbin, it’s actionable.
Corbin Advisors has won the Bronze Stevie® Awards as Employer of the Year in the Financial Services industry. The award recognizes Corbin among the world’s best employers and teams that drive great places to work. At Corbin, we place a high value on culture, employee engagement and a great employee experience. It’s a fast-paced environment where we make the time to appreciate one another and to celebrate our successes.
Our clients are public companies ranging in size from $250M to $360B in market-cap across all business sectors. We conduct cutting-edge research and advise Boards and C-suite Executives on investor relations and broader capital market matters. Our research is regularly featured in leading publications globally and our Founder, Rebecca Corbin, is a recurring contributor to CNBC.
Here at Corbin Advisors, we are all about diversity! We encourage and embrace inclusion, equity, and diversity throughout the organization.