Over the past 15 years, through its pioneering and action-oriented research, Corbin has established itself as a thought leader in the capital markets and is a recognized authority on investor relations and the factors that impact valuation. In 2019, we established our Research Center of Excellence that supports our data-driven advisory approach, which we leverage to educate and consult public company boards and executives across all sectors and market-caps, as well as a growing number of nonprofit organizations.
In the newly created senior-level Head of Research position, you will lead the Research Center of Excellence and oversee all research efforts, implement our research strategy, including managing our proprietary and ever-growing database – Corbin Analytics, and collaborate with senior leaders and client-facing advisors across our enterprise, manage a growing team, drive Research-as-a-Service (RaaS) revenue, and, in collaboration with our CEO, architect our overarching research vision and impact plan.
- Develop a deep understanding of Corbin’s Research Center of Excellence, Corbin Analytics, and our research archives and serve as a resident subject matter expert and thought leader
- Define and oversee the research content development process and develop and manage a research content roadmap that is aligned with our overall product, content, and marketing strategies
- Create high-value content and provide editorial oversight for all research content generated
- Lead research team development and scaling; identify talent needs and partner to attract top-tier talent and serve as mentor in colleague career development
- Oversee the digitalization of our database, including determining path forward, identifying technology needs and partners, developing the roadmap and budget, and executing to plan
Prerequisites and Ideal Qualities
- Post-graduate degree (in a relevant subject), equivalent qualifications, or evidence of equivalent experience
- Senior editorial or content strategy experience directing content development
- Passion for the equity markets, global economy, and current business and macro events and the impact it has on pre-IPO and public companies
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to critically review and appraise data
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including project, resource, and performance management
- Writing for and speaking to a range of audiences to ensure impact across different channels and media; ability to simplify and explain complex concepts to a lay audience
- Bias toward action, and positive, solution-versus-problem mindset
- Range of research evaluation methods and tools and their application in support of high-quality research output
- Research ethics and data management
- Data science, database automation, and digitalization
Experience / Proven Track Record
- Delivering complex and high-profile research, including managing and mobilizing resources, and delivering to time and quality expectations
- Developing and leading a high-performing team, including coordinating and managing projects and priorities, and supporting professional and personal development
- Building strong relationships with C-level executives, industry organizations, and partners
- Executing a range of research outputs, including research reports / white papers, thematic reviews, articles, blogs, and summaries
- Generating revenue through research
- Competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Robust healthcare package – Company paid premiums up to 80% (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement plan with a company match
- Significant opportunity for long-term career growth and professional development as we continue to scale
About Corbin Advisors
Corbin Advisors is a specialized investor relations (IR) research and advisory firm that was founded on the idea that insights-driven advice is a powerful catalyst for unlocking value. Leveraging proprietary research and analytics, a best-practice mindset, executional excellence, and a deep understanding of what influences sentiment, we deploy a proven model to realize value. If it’s Corbin, it’s actionable.
Corbin Advisors recently won a 2021 Bronze Stevie Award as Employer of the Year in the Financial Services industry. The award recognizes Corbin among the world’s best employers and teams that drive great places to work. At Corbin, we place a high value on culture, employee engagement and a great employee experience. It’s a fast-paced environment where we make the time to appreciate one another and to celebrate our successes.
Our clients are public companies ranging in size from $250M to $360B in market-cap across all business sectors. We conduct cutting-edge research and advise Boards and C-suite Executives on investor relations and broader capital market matters. Our research is regularly featured in leading publications globally and our Founder, Rebecca Corbin, is a recurring contributor to CNBC.
Here at Corbin Advisors, we are all about diversity! We encourage and embrace inclusion, equity, and diversity throughout the organization. Come join our dynamic and innovative team!