Celebrating our 15th anniversary in 2022, Corbin Advisors has more than tripled our talent base of client advisors, associates, and staff over the past three years due to client demand and clear growth trajectory. As a leading research and advisory firm serving pre-IPO and public company boards and executives, our focus is on developing our people and helping our clients realize value. We are values-based with a commitment to creating a supportive environment and having fun while working hard. For two years in a row, we have won the Bronze Stevie® Awards for Best Employer and Team that Drive Great Places to Work in the Financial Services sector globally. We have a highly engaged culture and care deeply about the happiness and success of our employees and clients.
As Controller, you will report to the CFO and plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. We are looking for someone with a high standard of excellence who motivates others through a positive professional attitude; exhibits integrity, reliability, and leadership; and can provide exceptional service by managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality, and accountability.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting and operational policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Oversee preparation of financial statements, ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Review and reconcile data from operations and accounting systems and maintain controls to ensure data is accurate and timely and all accounts are reconciled monthly
- Oversee, operate, and maintain the company’s financial accounting system
- Support and collaborate with financial planning analyst on financial planning processes
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate effective financial and operational performance
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Prepare cash flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and oversee daily cash management and banking activities
- Lead the operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, accounts reconciliations, and general ledger analysis
- Work with company’s tax accountants to ensure timely and accurate filing of returns and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with all other local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned
Prerequisites and Ideal Qualities
- 10+ years of relevant accounting and/or FP&A experience with deep knowledge of concepts and policies (CPA required)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required and master’s degree preferred
- Successfully acted in a Controller or similar position / capacity
- Working knowledge of NetSuite or comparable platform
- Sound judgement, bias toward action, and positive, solution-versus-problem mindset
- High energy and outperformer orientation with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, adapt, and contribute in a dynamic, high-performing culture
- Extreme time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Predilection toward relationship, community, and organization building; “company before self” mentality
Come join our dynamic and innovative team!
- Competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Robust healthcare package – Company paid premiums up to 80% (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement plan with a company match
- Significant opportunity for long-term career growth and professional development as we continue to scale
About Corbin Advisors
Corbin Advisors is a specialized investor relations (IR) research and advisory firm that was founded on the idea that insights-driven advice is a powerful catalyst for unlocking value. Leveraging proprietary research and analytics, a best-practice mindset, executional excellence, and a deep understanding of what influences sentiment, we deploy a proven model to realize value. If it’s Corbin, it’s actionable.
Corbin Advisors has won the Bronze Stevie® Awards as Employer of the Year in the Financial Services industry. The award recognizes Corbin among the world’s best employers and teams that drive great places to work. At Corbin, we place a high value on culture, employee engagement and a great employee experience. It’s a fast-paced environment where we make the time to appreciate one another and to celebrate our successes.
Our clients are public companies ranging in size from $250M to $360B in market-cap across all business sectors. We conduct cutting-edge research and advise Boards and C-suite Executives on investor relations and broader capital market matters. Our research is regularly featured in leading publications globally and our Founder, Rebecca Corbin, is a recurring contributor to CNBC.
Here at Corbin Advisors, we are all about diversity! We encourage and embrace inclusion, equity, and diversity throughout the organization.