Who You Are
If you are looking to contribute at a high level, be challenged and grow professionally and work in a dynamic environment where there is a sense of ownership and deep fulfillment, we are interested in speaking with you. We value consistent outperformance, strong project management skills, ability to execute at a high level and under intense pressure, working with a sense of urgency, organized and strategic thinking and positive, “can do” attitude.
Vice President of ESG & Sustainability
Sustainability is a catalyst to deliver on companies’ visions and missions on their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies that are focused on delivering important and valuable solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges using the industry’s most widely utilized standards as guiding inspiration, including but not limited to SASB, UN PRI, GRI and TCFD”.
The Sustainability Strategy Leader will work closely with Corbin Advisors leadership and global businesses at the Board, C-Suite and businesses units level to develop and drive the implementation of company-wide sustainability strategies, and the external reporting of progress, particularly with a Capital Markets focus. The sustainability strategy role will be an industry thought leader, innovation leader and partner of choice with clients. The position conducts analysis of issuer communications and compares to the appropriate peer and industry participants, as well as identifies best practices. The position also will present in-depth findings gleaned from stakeholder views, client results and external factors (e.g., capital markets research) that shape sustainability strategies. Deep expertise on the ESG landscape and staying abreast of topical trends is critical to success.
- Develop and build alignment for clients’ company-level sustainability strategy, priorities, and plans to support and enable business success
- Facilitate dialogue with clients to create long-term goals, sub-goals, milestones and metrics on the plan
- Develop a methodology for analyzing the capital markets landscape, particularly a review of ESG communication practices and external materials
- Provide subject matter expertise to clients on key sustainability topics & strategic initiatives
- Facilitate periodic materiality assessments with clients to inform business strategies and sustainability commitments
- Develop and leverage best practices to support clients in building value propositions for sustainability initiatives
- Support key client and partner engagements that explore and deliver solutions to SDG challenges
- Represent the company in external engagements and membership in key sustainability NGO industry organizations or thought leadership organizations, particularly related to the Capital Markets
- Maintain a strong network of external perspectives that bring in benchmark insights and innovative approaches
- Advocate on important issues, build relationships and gain alignment from disparate points of view
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external sources
- Effectively work relationships with people across organizations; place high priority on establishing and meeting team and organizations goals; provide counsel and acts as a role model/mentor
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sustainability, environmental policy or a related field
- Master’s degree or MBA in Sustainability or Environmental Policy a plus
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience and at least 3 years in a sustainability leadership role
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results that advance sustainability initiatives
- Subject matter expert in sustainability issues, latest practices and reporting expectations
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build trust and influence at all levels in an organization and excel within teams; highly proficient oral and written communicator demonstrated in sustainability domain
- Experience with presenting, coordinating, and organizing meetings and workshops
- Self-starter with excellent project management and analytical skills; an integrator, consensus builder, and results oriented
- Ability to handle and resolve problems and make informed decisions to be effective in a complex and fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to effectively organize workload, handle a high volume of rapidly changing priorities, and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines, proven ability to multi-task, excellent follow through skills
- DRIVE INNOVATION. Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas to sustain our business
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER. Deliver results, creating value for business, our customers, and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS. Demonstrate passion for a sustainable business and making a positive difference in the world
- Base salary and annual performance bonus
- Healthcare package
- Retirement plan
- Significant opportunity for long-term career growth and professional development
About Corbin Advisors
Corbin Advisors is a specialized investor relations (IR) research and advisory firm. Our clients are public companies ranging from $250M to $360B in market-cap across all sectors. We conduct cutting-edge research and advise Boards and C-suite Executives on investor relations and broader capital markets matters. Our research is regularly featured on CNBC and our Founder, Rebecca Corbin, is a recurring contributor to Squawk on the Street.
Over our 12-year history, we have continued to grow and capture market share. Our purpose is “to add value in everything we do” and our culture, defined by a commitment to excellence, client-centric approach, operational focus, strong work ethic, integrity, thoughtfulness, passion and team collaboration, serves to differentiate us.
Please contact Bronwyn Swanson at Bronwyn.Swanson@corbinadvisors.com