The Market Research Analyst, Insights & Analytics works collaboratively with Corbin Advisors leadership, including the advisory and perception study teams, to present in-depth findings gleaned from both client results and external factors (e.g., capital markets research) that shape business strategy and provide learnings to optimize media mix and campaign plans for the firm. This role performs in-depth analytics to derive impactful strategic insights for clients and drive internal work products. This role also partners with the teams to formulate market research strategies and tactics that meet client goals and objectives and the broader firm’s market positioning.
The ideal candidate is organized, precise, comfortable challenging the status quo, intellectually curious, a natural problem solver and a superior communicator; has a solid understanding of market research principles and business models; and possesses the ability to transform complex data into actionable plans and exceptional insights. This role reports to the Lead of the Market Research Department.
- Lead role in building analytics capability, best practices and collaboration among departments; work to develop new reporting and/or explore new reporting tools that optimize Corbin’s ability to provide internal and external clients with learnings, insights and recommendations quickly and accurately
- Develops strategic recommendations that reflect both the knowledge of clients’ business and objectives, as well as creative thinking to continuously drive the business; proactively share ideas and recommendations with Founder and CEO and account team members
- Presents insights and recommendations to internal clients; recommends strategies and tactics that will result in continuous program improvement and growth, as well as prepares for and attends client meetings, as needed
- Manages evaluation, analysis and implementation of research and statistical techniques to develop marketing insights and improve direct marketing plans and campaigns across all channels
- Collaborates with planning team in measuring the success of media campaigns, comparing performance to the firm objectives and constantly seeking ways to improve the accuracy or timeliness
- Develops benchmarking and tracking success metrics to show return on investment as well as to provide a feedback loop for agency and client teams
- Collaborates with the broader research team to arrive at recommendations supported by data, reporting and analytics
- Manages ad-hoc requests and prioritizes projects according to business needs, including developing business requirements for reports based on client requests and specifications
- Performs research and analysis of capital markets and economic news, issues and trends; research and disseminate industry information and trends on media, markets and related metrics
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience
- Proven analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong visual capabilities for data analysis and presentation in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build out reporting dashboards and provide insights and recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to prioritize requests, establish workflow procedures, multi-task, meet tight deadlines and deliver on assigned objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint), expert Excel skills
- Friendly, high-energy, team-focused and can-do attitude a must!
- Base salary and annual performance bonus
- Healthcare package
- Retirement plan
- Significant opportunity for long-term career growth and professional development
- Corbin Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
If interested in the position, please email your résumé directly to Bronwyn Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Corbin Advisors
Our passion is creating value for public companies. We are a catalyst – an investor relations (IR) advisory firm that partners with IR and C-suite executives to elevate their brand power by identifying and positioning a compelling story to investors. We bring third-party objectivity as well as a best practice knowledge and collaborate with our clients to execute a sound, effective IR communications and engagement strategy. From research-based insights to actionable strategies that differentiate our clients, Corbin seeks the truth and unlocks thoughtful, positive change. We start by asking the right questions and end with providing actionable counsel that drives results. If it’s Corbin, it’s actionable.